Do you know the difference you're making?Aiming to create positive change for individuals and communities, social purpose organisations are also facing increasing financial uncertainty and a competitive environment. Now is the time to build the capacity and capability of your organisation and staff to better measure, understand, and report the difference you are making.
The Centre for Social Impact UWA’s workshops engage participants in an interactive learning environment where they can develop a better understanding of outcomes measurement and how to implement it in their organisation. A range of options are available, including 2-Day Workshops for Individuals and workshops for teams within organisations.
Why measure outcomes?
- To understand the difference we make; the impact of our work
- To improve the lives of the people we serve through more informed service delivery
- To generate evidence that attracts and retains customers, investments and funding
2-Day Outcomes Measurement Workshop
This is an evidence-based course developed by the Centre for Social Impact UWA, in partnership with the Bankwest Foundation, based on years of research investigating outcomes measurement in WA’s community sector. This research has highlighted a significant and urgent need to develop the capacity of social purpose organisations to effectively measure outcomes.
Who is it for?
The course is designed for senior staff or program manager-level staff of community organisations, however it is also suitable for staff of government agencies and companies with community investment activities, board directors who wish to broaden their knowledge in outcomes measurement, and individuals interested in developing their own skills for future work opportunities. It is designed for people with beginner to intermediate knowledge and experience in the topic area.
What you'll learn
- How to link outcomes measurement to the broader strategic objectives of an organisation, program, intervention or policy
- How to implement outcomes measurement into your organisation, including developing a measurement culture, designing a measurement framework, and choosing reporting and communications options
- How to navigate the many different measurement methods and tools
The 2-Day workshop is delivered in Perth, Western Australia and Includes full catering, workbook, materials & resources. Typically held in April and September, the workshop costs $1,000 + GST per participant, however partial scholarships are available. Register your interest and find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Outcomes Measurement Workshops for Organisations
The Centre for Social Impact UWA (CSI UWA) offers an evidence-based, practical workshop in outcomes measurement, adapted to your organisation's needs. Workshops for organisations are typically delivered in a 2-day format with up to 20 staff members.
Benefits to your organisation and staff
- Build individual and collective capacity and capability in outcomes measurement
- The opportunity to practise, test, and refine the newly developed knowledge and skills within the workshop through case studies and applied examples from your organisation
- The chance to reflect on the organisation's mission and values, reinvigorating a purpose driven culture among staff members
- A shared learning experience for team members, ensuring a shared understanding of outcomes measurement while also enjoying the benefits of a team-building experience
- A package of materials including a collection of theoretical and practical resources (readings, videos, and online resources), the workshop booklet including a number of tools and pro forma documents, and a glossary of terms and concepts
Workshops can be adapted in format and duration to suit an organisation. The hosting organisation is required to provide a suitable venue, catering, and basic stationery (or these can be provided by CSI UWA at an additional cost).
To enquire about hosting a workshop within your organisation, please contact Claire Stokes on email@example.com